Breast Implants (Enlargement) Surgery In Bangkok, Thailand
This type of surgery in Bangkok, Thailand involves using breast implants to fulfill your desire for fuller breasts (breast enlargement) or to restore breast volume which has been lost after weight reduction or pregnancy (breast enhancement).
Simply put, the Naravee Aesthetic Center in Bangkok, Thailand is one of the world’s finest plastic and cosmetic surgery centers. Our doctors have been trained all over the world and have medical knowledge comparable to anyone in the field from the rest of the planet. We offer you five star facilities and results with the beautiful city of Bangkok, Thailand on the horizon. You receive all of this for a fraction of the cost of the same procedure in Europe or America.
Who is a candidate for Breast Implants (Enlargement)?
Patients suffering from breast hypoplasia usually benefit from breast implants in Bangkok, Thailand. This procedure may result in a marked increase in self-esteem. Low-grade breast ptosis (Breast lift) or patients suffering from postpartum breast atrophy can also benefit from breast implants.
We aim to provide all our patients with naturally appearing full breasts which will support a harmonious body contour. Patients suffering from congenital breast asymmetry and tuberous breasts may benefit from placement of breast implants.
What happens at the consultation?
The doctor will give you advice and evaluate with the following topics covered:
- Reasons for the breast implant surgery, your expectations and desired outcome
- Medical conditions, drug allergies and medical treatments
- Use of current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco and drugs
- Previous surgeries
- Family history of breast cancer and results of any mammograms or previous biopsies
- Your general health status and any pre-existing health conditions or risk factors
- The doctor will examine your breasts and may take detailed measurements of their size and shape, skin quality and placement of your nipples
- They will also take photographs for your medical record
- Discussion of your options and recommendation of future treatment courses
- Discussion of likely outcomes of the breast implant surgery in Bangkok, Thailand and any risks or potential complications
- Discussion of the use of anesthesia during the procedure
What are the risks?
All surgeries carry some risks. Listed below are the risks or potential complications:
- Unfavorable scarring
- Bleeding (hematoma)
- Poor healing of incisions
- Changes in nipple or breast sensation, may be temporary or permanent
- Capsular contracture, which is the formation of firm scar tissue around the implant
- Implant leakage or rupture
- Wrinkling of the skin over the implant
- Anesthesia risks
- Fluid accumulation
- Blood clots
- Persistent pain
- Deep vein thrombosis, cardiac and pulmonary complications
- Possibility of revisional surgery
What do I need to do before the surgery?
During your consultation, an explanation of the pre-operative and post-operative plan will be reviewed. A list of medications and herbal supplements that should not be taken less than two weeks prior to the surgery will be provided to you. A few days before the surgery, one of our staff will notify you of the time you are expected to arrive for your surgery and will go over last minute details. At this time, you will be given an opportunity to ask any further questions. Continuation of healthy diet and exercise is very important before the surgery. Patients should note that smoking within two weeks of the breast implant surgery increases the chances of complications occurring.
What do I do on the day of the operation?
- No eating or drinking within 8 hours of the surgery.
- You should wear loose fitting clothing and sneakers.
- Do not wear sandals or slippers.
- You will meet with our nurse to prepare you for surgery. The surgeon will discuss the procedure with you again and begin pre-operative planning.
- You will meet with our anesthesia provider to discuss anesthesia. You will be given a choice of day surgery or general anesthesia which requires a hospital stay of at least one night. This of course is at your discretion but extensive surgeries require a hospital stay of at least 4 days and 3 nights.
What kind of anesthesia will be performed?
A breast implant procedure can be performed with general anesthesia.
What will happen during the surgery?
Breast implant surgery takes one hour. Incisions may be placed at multiple points on the body. Your wishes are essential when determining these points. Patients usually ask for the incision to be placed either in the armpit or in the crease under the breast. Following the creation of an implant pocket, the implant is placed either behind or above the chest muscle.
What should I expect post-operatively?
Usually two drains are placed. They are removed 1-2 days postoperatively. A support bra is worn for 4 weeks. Discomfort may persist for several days only. However, complete resolution of swelling may require several weeks.
When can I get back to normal?
Physical activities should be avoided for 4 weeks.
- Consultation with surgeon
- Evaluation for other medical conditions
- ECG and Blood test will be taken
- No intake of food or water 8 hours prior to surgery
- No smoking or consumption of alcohol for at least 2 weeks before surgery
Anticoagulants, vitamins, hormones (including birth control pills), anti-depressants and some other medications also cannot be taken at least 2 weeks before surgery.
- Start ambulating (getting up and walking) as soon as possible
- May shower 48 hrs after surgery
- Avoid strenuous activities for 4 weeks
- Refrain from physical contact with breasts for 3-4 weeks
- Follow-up check with the surgeons will take place 7 days after for suture removal and instructions on how to properly massage breasts to avoid capsular contraction.
- Massage breasts 3 weeks after the operation to prevent contracture
- Only support bras without wire should be used after sutures are removed.
- According to doctor's instructions, bras may be worn about 1-2 weeks after surgery when most of the swelling has gone down. Support bras are recommended to maintain breast shape.
- May wear bra with wire 4-6 months after surgery.