T-Max (Thermage)- non-invasive skin tightening, contouring and lifting.
What is the thermage?
Thermage is the only non-invasive procedure that “helps tighten and contour your skin” in a single treatment—with no surgery, no injections, and little to no downtime. You receive a more youthful appearance like a “mini face lift” without the surgery.
Instead of surgery Thermage stimulates your body’s natural renewal of collagen, which creates subtle, natural looking results on and off the face.
“That’s why they choose Thermage. It helps improve skin tone, texture and tightness for a younger looking appearance—and it does so in one easy treatment. So easy that you can get the procedure on your lunch hour and quickly return to work, family or other activities—looking and feeling great. Now that’s something worth celebrating”.
What parts of the body does Thermage treat?
Thermage procedures can effectively and safely treat skin on most body parts, including the face, eyes, lips, tummy, arms, hands, thighs and buttocks. Thermage can also temporarily reduce the appearance of cellulite.
How a Thermage lifting Works:
- It works by targeting or delivering deep intense heat to the collagen fibers in the dermis layer of the skin without harming the skin surface. This heat cause an immediate tightening of loose skin and over time the skin continues to produce new and remodeled collagen.
When the treatment tip touches the skin, you'll feel a brief sensation of heat each time it delivers radio frequency energy, indicating that collagen is being stimulated and tightened. The skin is protected with a cooling spray so there is no discomfort; however most doctors do apply a numbing cream prior to treatment. The procedure is quick -- taking anywhere from 20 minutes to 2 hours to perform.
- Unlike laser skin treatments
- A Thermage facelift can be done on people of all colors safely
- No downtime or long recovery periods like with laser skin treatments.
- It can be done on specific areas like crows’ feet and drooping eyelids or to reshape the entire face including sagging jowls, deepening laugh lines and drooping eyelids/eye brows.
- All parts of the Body can be treated with Thermage.
The ideal patient is someone between the ages of thirty to sixty because their skin is not too loose. If you are older or have very loose skin results will not be as dramatic.
How long will it last:
- Results are immediate and continue to develop over the next two to six months so repeated treatments will be necessary afterward.
- You can prolong your results by encouraging collagen stimulation. There are several ways to do this including weekly or bimonthly Skin Needling.
Also, consider using creams that contain Copper Peptides to help encourage older skin to heal faster and continue building collagen. In fact, many plastic surgeons recommend copper peptides for post-op healing.
Some people experience temporary redness, swelling, bumps, and blisters on or around the treated area. These side effects usually disappear in a few days or weeks.
What FDA clearances does Thermage have?
Thermage is FDA cleared for the non-invasive treatment of wrinkles and temporary improvement in the appearance of cellulite. In addition, Thermage is the first and only system to receive FDA clearance for non-invasive eyelid treatments.